Sunday, August 24, 2014

Seeing God as Creative

Have you ever thought of or described God as being creative?  Tonight, following a leadership meeting at my church, The Baton Rouge Vineyard, a handful of people prayed over me regarding my family.  During that time of prayer the word "creative" came to mind.  Then later in the evening I resurfaced in a prayer group on facebook and posted a lengthy, stream of conscious, prayer request.  Again, the word creative came to mind.  In my daily life creative is not the word I commonly associate with God.

Recently, Taylor, the girls, and I went to the Zoo.  Whenever we go to the Zoo I think "man, God is creative."  I mean, have you seen a giraffe or a peacock lately?  Does that not scream creativity?


so then I began thinking, if God can be creative with animals then He can most definitely be creative in my family's stage of life.  So I prayed, God be creative.  

Here's the trick, I can pray and ask for God to be creative but I have to be willing to let go, stop trying to orchestrate, stop trying to figure out all the different scenarios, stop trying to please anyone who is not my family, drop any fear and anxiety.  I need to hear Him and listen.  I need to obey and follow.  I need to trust.  And I know if I were God I'd be thinking, "Hannah, are you kidding me?  You KNOW I can be trusted."  But you know what, He doesn't.  He just does what He does best: takes care of my every need and then some.

There is a sink full of dishes waiting for me.  If you haven't thought of God as creative then take a break and look out your car window, bedroom window, go to the Zoo, take a walk, visit a park.  Even a roly poly is pretty darn creative.  

No comments:

Post a Comment