Monday, January 16, 2012

Taking care of me, back on the writing train!






Still figuring out how to do photos right, these are supposed to come at the end of the post.
Before kids and even before marriage I had a blog. If I wasn't blogging than I was writing long emails to family and friends or writing in my journal. I love to write. I haven't done much of it in the last few years, and I feel as though a part of me has been missing. In recent weeks my situation as changed. I am now just responsible for my own family. No more in-home child-care. I am so thankful to God for all He has provided my family so that I can just be a mom and a wife!
So with the change in my situation comes more time and less stress. I have found that I am more patient. I am more apt to sit and play with Evelyn without feeling as though something needs to get done. I am cooking each day, more than boiled chicken. For that, I'm sure my husband is happy! I have organized my craft closet, because crafts are the thing that can be "mine" during the day. All this positive speak may change, as it's just be a few days in this new "life" of mine.
I really can't take much credit for the energy, patience, and positive disposition. I am trying to make a point at having deliberate conversations with God. Outloud. He, of course, knows what I am thinking, but I believe He wants us to actually talk with Him. It can be therapeutic. By saying things outloud I believe we are "giving" things to Him. The other thing that has helped is the last two days I have made a conscious effort to spend time talking to God and reading some kind of Christian book before making phone calls or turning on the computer. It can take me quite a bit of time to make it through a few pages because I am making breakfast for the girls and I and tending to all their various morning needs. There have also been several Christian albums that have been playing in the background all day. Often times it is just background music, but periodically when I stop and actually listen it is just what I need.
Evelyn is used to having such music play in the background. On several occassions now I have heard her sing:"I need thee, I need thee, I need thee" as she plays. She is so sweet and has a tender heart.
I mentioned above that I've had more time for crafting. My newest craft endeavors are: 1) decoupage on vases 2)cards. Both crafts use my scraps of fabric, finally putting them to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment