Sunday, January 29, 2012

Years of prayers, answered.

I have not been diligent about posting. It makes me kind of sad. But I am doing it now, so I suppose that will have to do.

For the past few months we have been attending the Vineyard Church. Often times it is just me and the girls because of Taylor's shift work, which usually means I am by myself (well until my friend Melissa and her husband arrive). Anyway, during one of the songs during worship I found myself starting to cry. I couldn't really put my finger on why and then I realized this has been happening often to me during worship. Then it dawned on me that perhaps this is my time of release. My time to just let things go. To just simply sit in God's presence. Today, I almost felt as though his arms were wrapped around me. All I can say is that God is so good. He is faithful.

For those of you that don't know, I've been very turned off to organized religion. At one point I thought there was no way I'd ever go back to any congregation. Every congregation is run by a man/woman and so like it or not there is going to be unrighteousness, unholiness, hypocrisy, etc ...doesn't matter who you are, what group you are affiliated with, that's just how it is. And unless you're God your place and your group is gonna have issues. So it didn't matter where I went I was turned off.

I also have not been willing to go just anywhere. I wanted a place with an established children's church, contemporary worship, solid teachings, welcoming community, small groups that fit my current need, laid back, people who remembered who i was from week to week, inclusive of a variety of teachings/interpretations, and a place where I could feel free to be myself. So like I said, God is faithful!

No comments:

Post a Comment