Thursday, February 16, 2012

A mother and a crafter!

Since I decided not just to pin what I find on pintrest, but to also create, I've been busy busy! So inbetween changing diapers, nursing, playing, talking with my husband, and making meals I've created quite a bit. And now for your viewing pleasure =)


This is an old t-shirt that I turned into leggings. 1 shirt made two pair, one for Evie and one for Lucy. This pair featured is Lucy's. This set of pants was my first attempt, so the legs are too long and the butt isn't big enough. Evie was excited to try on her "special" pants. The butt part covered half of hers and when she moved they fell. I think putting in elastic will help with that. For all you History Day people out there, does the fabric look familiar? I definitely need to make a new pattern. I took a pair of the girls' leggings and traced it on a paper bag. I didn't do it right, thus the problem with disproportion. But not a bad start!

After I made the pants I moved onto pee-tee-pees. I've been wanting to make these for a while. I had considered buying an in the, hoop design for the embroidery machine. I'm glad I didn't, wouldn't really have been worth the money. These things were pretty easy to make. The hardest part was the drawstring bag. This is a great way to use my fabric scraps! Right now they are made of flannel and cotton. I may toy with doing it with terry cloth, but I'll have to ask moms of boys if that would be good.


The last thing I finished working on today were cloth wipes. These things have been hanging over me for months. Done, finally! I did neutral, boy, and girl patterns. I will be taking them to Angel Britches Friday, a local cloth diapering boutique. Hoping for sales!

2 comments:

  1. I love the ingenuity. It seems so much like my grandmother who used to make rugs out of scraps.

    What is the function of a pee-tee-pee?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea behind the pee-tee-pee is to put it over your little boy during diaper changes to avoid getting peed on or soiling a perfectly good diaper prematurely. I may need to use different fabric to weight it down a bit more.

    ReplyDelete