Monday, March 12, 2012

Grumblings

Started my morning by not turning on the computer. I tidied up in the kitchen. In between responding to Evie's inquries, laughing at Lucy's faces, and making breakfast for the 3 of us I chatted a bit with God. I even made it a point to read a devotion from the book "Ordinary Mom, Extraordinary God." I knew I needed Him as my source. Yet by late afternoon I found myself growing more impatient with my girls. I raised my voice over absurd things. Evie just kept on keeping on, laughing and asking questions. While reading a book about eyes to Evie, with her snuggled on my lap, I began to cry. I don't know why. Everything is running rather smoothly. Granted I guess there are somethings in the works right now, and some things I'm coming down from: Taylor has an interview in Houston this Friday, we are flirting with following-through with a dream of opening a store, TFA All-Corps just finished, unfinished orders with Inspired by Evelyn, and running a household. It must be weighing on my mind more than I realize. I think I could use a break for sure.

So I began this post about God and then went into a somewhat chaotic ramble. I guess my point in that is that while making time in the morning was good, it kind of stopped somewhere around 8:30am. It picked back up again around 9am as I was singing along with K-love in the car. But then the remainder of the day the songs of praise and worship eventually just became white noise. He has provided these open doors and opportunities and he has provided the means to follow these through should I/we choose to purse them. So I am quite thankful. It's still a lot to process. I am still tired. I am still overwhelmed. I will still probably take my St John's Wart, for which I am thankful! The conversations and grumblings with God need to continue throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment