Saturday, March 10, 2012

on the count of three let's move heaven and earth!

What came first, the chicken or the egg? In a marriage what comes first, taking care of the husband so he will take care of you or vice versa? We all know the saying "Happy wife, happy life," or "If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." So then why can't they just make us happy? If only it were that simple. I know there are many times that I'm just waiting for my husband to do just that one thing for me and then i would move heaven and earth for him. But I would venture a guess that my husband is waiting for ME to do just that one thing and then he would move heaven and earth for me. We are both willing to move heaven and earth for each other, but not until something is done for each of us. Is there a way to get rid of whatever that thing is that preceeds moving heaven and earth? It seems to just get in the way, cause a lot of strife, and possibly lead to too many sips (or chugs) of wine! Can't it be as simple as "on the count of three let's move heaven and earth for each other...1-2-3!" Then there is no feeling of "what about me?"

I have no wise words. I am actually thinking I may try the "on the count of 3" approach. What can it hurt?

No comments:

Post a Comment