Monday, February 25, 2013

Discovering a healthier me

Today I drove out to Hammond to get muscle testing done for a nutritional work-up.  Her findings confirmed some inklings I have had.  I have an intolerance for refined sugars and gluten.  I don't need to completely eliminate gluten.  But in the main ways we eat it I will try to have us go glutenless: bread, oats, and pasta.  Taylor has mentiond wanting to try the paleo diet.  I think that may be too much too soon, but along the lines of what we need to do.  So the girls and I went to whole foods to get gluten free oats and ezekial bread.  Simple.  I've been trying to cut out processed foods so there was really no need to get snacks and such.  So it also didn't break the bank.

I am also very low on magnesium, this is in large part to my pregnancies as it drains it out of you.  Surgery is also a culprit to magnesium depletion.  Low mag is linked to tiredness, depression, muscle spasms and anxiety, just to name a few.  So more magnesium will be added via supplement, epsom salt baths, and maybe magnesium soap.  Also, the omega I have been using hasn't been well received by my body, apparently my body prefers calamari oil, who knew!

The other thing I learned is that scars can cause blockages in the body, making it more difficlt for the body to process efficiently and effectively. I have 3 scars, so by applying wheat germ oil the blockages should clear.

In addition to all of this I also decided to finally follow thru with some pinterest findsN primarily kale.  I've known kale is good and when I go hbome I drink my moms kale juice.  With the new baby I am trying to get back to better eating.  We do organic, grass fed meat and so now back to good juicing, and then the limit on processed foods that I already mentioned.  It will require some more prep on my part, but I do enjoy it and it should save us money.

So in the spirit of good eating, saving money and such I made a batch of homemade potato chips, frozen applesauce bites, and kale/apple sauce smoothie.  The girls LOVED all 3! 

No comments:

Post a Comment